Dog thread!šŸ¾

Our new puppy is starting to become very sweet! She was relatively unhandled as her breeder is in his mid 80ā€™s and had a harder time getting around right as this litter was born. Heā€™s been breeding Purebred Akbash for 18 years and this girl is from his original line, generations and generations of LGD instinct in this 8 week old little girlā¤ļø her attitude towards livestock is spot on, it just took a bit for her to come around and learn to like me. Meet Alma Mae (called Alma)ā€¦forgive me if Iā€™ve already posted herā€¦I really donā€™t remember šŸ˜…View attachment 3846158View attachment 3846159View attachment 3846160
Adorable!!

20240529_152626.jpg

Anyone know how to tell the difference between working line cocker and springer spaniels? There seems to be a huge overlap where they look the same šŸ˜… it's bothering me that I have a springer and can't tell the difference between them :lau

Anyone know how to tell the difference between working line cocker and springer spaniels? There seems to be a huge overlap where they look the same šŸ˜… it's bothering me that I have a springer and can't tell the difference between them :lau
working line cocker spaniels seem to have more fur on ears, tail, legs, etc
where as a Springer seems to have some fur on ears and under body, with feathering on the legs.
Heights and weights probably differ but from what i found is working cockers are 15 -16 inches high for males and 15 - 15.5 inches for females and weigh 25- 35 lbs.
And for springer's 19 to 20 inches at shoulder and weigh 40 - 50lbs.
So springers are bigger and heavier than a cocker.

working line cocker spaniels seem to have more fur on ears, tail, legs, etc
where as a Springer seems to have some fur on ears and under body, with feathering on the legs.
Heights and weights probably differ but from what i found is working cockers are 15 -16 inches high for males and 15 - 15.5 inches for females and weigh 25- 35 lbs.
And for springer's 19 to 20 inches at shoulder and weigh 40 - 50lbs.
So springers are bigger and heavier than a cocker.

Pikelet is only about 43cm (17in)! I have been presuming the ones with hairdos are cockers but some don't have that. I have seen some with the same hair as springers šŸ™ƒ doesn't seem like the breeders are bothering to keep them different :idunno

Back
Top Bottom