Doris and Brenda

Hello Von, and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
I'm so sorry you lost Doris and your dog. Can you please tell us exactly what you've been feeding Doris and Brenda? You need to make sure that, going forward, Brenda gets a properly balanced diet that is correct for a chicken.
I feed them two types of seed. Plus egg shell grit. I also make up rice, and vegie offcuts. No Rhubarb leaves. They love all their veggies and rice. Sometimes I put a bit of mince in it too. There is water everywhere around the garden and in their coop.
They had been here 2 years. They were happy. We did have every cat in the neighbourhood come visit. But we put out a covered cat trap. We can take to council to check for microchip. No collars and they are euthanized. We just keep them a few days in the shed. Then let them go home. Unless they are ferals. No one takes responsibility for their cats.

Anyway the problem is being solved. So chooks should be ok. No ticks, or lice or any other bugs on them.

They have clean straw everyday. Big soft beds.

All advice appreciated..
Von 😘🤩

I feed them two types of seed.
When you say "seed" do you mean like wild bird seed? If so, like @DobieLover said, it's not meeting their nutritional needs. They'll be healthier if you put them on some chicken feed, like a layer or all-flock. If the latter, they'll need oyster shell in a separate dish from their food. We offer it always and who needs it, eats it.

Back
Top Bottom