Duck hatched with leg bent backwards

So shockingly enough this little one hatched easily on its own without any assistance. The bones are side by side and not stacked together with the tendon completely off to the side. If I could just get the bones to line back up, slip the tendon back and wrap I would. I’m just afraid it would be far too painful for it. I’m so sad because it’s so healthy and beautiful otherwise. Its a runner duck and has the most beautiful coloring.
I hope something can be done. There's always the chance it can live, regardless of whether it can be fixed.
It's just dependant on quality of life- a special set up, or special tools like a wheelchair could help.
It could even be made out of recycled parts, I'm sure. It wouldn't be easy, but anything is possible.
Where abouts are you located? You might even be able to find help on here, if you wanted to rehome.

I hope something can be done. There's always the chance it can live, regardless of whether it can be fixed.
It's just dependant on quality of life- a special set up, or special tools like a wheelchair could help.
It could even be made out of recycled parts, I'm sure. It wouldn't be easy, but anything is possible.
Where abouts are you located? You might even be able to find help on here, if you wanted to rehome.
I’m in north county San Diego. This baby is so sweet and wants to live. I’ve moved them to the brooder to see how they would do and they are hopping around on one leg, eating and drinking just like everyone else.

Back
Top Bottom