How early for spurs? Help I might have a roo!

yearofthedog

Songster
12 Years
Jun 1, 2007
I have a bantam golden seabright that I picked up from the feed store on 7/2. I don't know how old they(I got 4) were when I purchased them, but they were at different stages of feathering out. I've had them for almost three weeks. I'm guessing the age of the seabright to be approx. 4-4 1/2 weeks(??).

Well, this morning I let them out and sat down with them as always and I noticed little bumps on my seabright's legs where spurs should be!! These little nubs even look like they've got a little point to them!! I'm hoping beyond hope that they aren't what I suspect because it will break my heart to have to rehome him!!

So my question is how early does or can a roo start to develop spurs? Or are the little nubs I noticed developing spurs at all? Please help!

Thanks!!

my BO roos, are 18 weeks old, and barely have bumps. Sam for all the other Roos I have...most between 17 and 18 weeks. Nothing but little bumps. My little Bantams are 11 weeks old, or there about...and nothing there yet either. Hmmm, not sure about yours.....hope it is not a roo....waite for the crow! LOL

I have the same question about "nubs". Our 9 week old seabright roo has them. And so do 2 of our 4 week old babies (ROR and golden hamburg). They all seem to be about the same size (even the 9week old's). Do some breeds just have "nubs" or is this a rooster thing? I really adore our ROR "she' is all personality and really tame. I hope she (& the hamburg) are really 'shes'.

Any one know about "nubs"?

Back
Top Bottom