How long do you wait until it's over?

Hootrvil

Chirping
Mar 7, 2024
Hello!
Day 21 for me was Monday evening...Tuesday morning was the first hatch and throughout the day. 7 or 8 more hatched on Wednesday which meant 23 out of 25 had hatched successfully. Yea! Last night I thought I was done and was going to clean the incubator and put away, but I didn't. I left it running throughout the night. This morning one of the last two has hatched. Keep in mind that yesterday afternoon, the lid was half off for a while as I moved chicks....so my question is, how long do you let the incubator go before you give up?
20240402_135106.jpg

I haven’t hatched chicken eggs in many years so I can’t say specifically how many days I’d wait. But for my ducks I don’t plan on giving up on any eggs until they are confirmed dead. So I’ll keep the incubator running for as long as needed

unless i know i staggered eggs, i generally wait till the end of the next day after the bulk of the hatch completes .. no pips or peeps and candling shows nothing, i'll pop a small hole in the airsac end so i can see .. usually its a dud egg or a dead chick but sometimes there will be a live one .. this is where it gets dicey for me lol ..

Back
Top Bottom