Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

I was driving up my driveway one day when an eagle swooped directly in front of my car, scaring the bejesus out of both of us. This close to the Big Waters we often see eagles.
One day I was driving north to Sault Ste. Marie and I saw a huge bird. I decided it was a juvenile bald eagle, but later realized it was a golden eagle. They do migrating raptor surveys near the bridge and see quite a few of them every year traveling through.

Received this today:​

Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza Detected in Clinton County Dairy Herd​

Today, Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development (MDARD) Director Tim Boring announced the detection of highly pathogenic avian influenza (HPAI) in a dairy herd from Clinton County. This makes the 25th affected dairy herd in Michigan. Testing through the Michigan State University Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory initially detected this case. Samples have been sent to the U.S. Department of Agriculture's (USDA) National Veterinary Services Laboratories for additional confirmatory testing.
Regardless of species, biosecurity remains the best tool available to combat HPAI. On May 1, 2024, Director Boring issued the Determination of Extraordinary Emergency HPAI Risk Reduction and Response Order. In addition to other protocols, the order requires all dairy operations in Michigan to adopt enhanced biosecurity measures, collectively reducing the risk of introducing this virus on to farms. On May 3, 2024, additional guidance was issued to help producers enact these requirements, which went into effect on May 8, 2024.

Michigan Dept of Agriculture & Rural Development
michigan.gov

Back
Top Bottom