Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

Five new chicks !
Not really. Four new chicks of which three will will stay at the field. You've been reading that chicken math article where people cant count.:D

I wonder if you saved the little late chick because you are getting softer with time,
Nope.:lol: If the person who took the chick had said no it would be dead now.
If mums abandon chicks there is a problem. Sometimes the problem isn't apparent until the chick gets older. Sometimes, especially with badly staggered hatches the mum knows the late hatchers are not going to be able to keep up and will probably die anyway.

Great update. I'd've been your wisty-eyed victim in that story.

Rules are meant to be broken. Unless you're a rat breaking Fret's Zero Rodent policy, which she's evidently serious about.

Interesting diversity of color. Seems like 2 of the chicks got looks from the Legbar-mix side this time.
The yellow chick is big for it's hatch time so I think it may be Fret and Henry's. I think the other two may be from Mow's eggs.

I used to walk her back and always wondered why she would fly away but not fly back.:confused:
I wonder, if she used her charm and cute little wagging duck tail to charm food out of someone in the village, and was a little too heavy to fly back? Kind of like my visiting Muscovie, Elvis Duck, who now visits every few days to partake of some grains.

Back
Top Bottom