The Moonshiner's Bootleg Incubator Reviews And Discussions

Pics
@nuthatched how many did you end up with?

I have two pips this morning! Hopefully will have some poults soon!
Uh, I have a grand total of...two. $180 worth of eggs for two chicks. THEY BETTER BE GIRLS. 😅 I has one internally pip but the egg was two small for external pip and zip and I didn't realize that was the issue, the other was malpositioned (upside-down) despite the eggs being incubated air cell up until day 18.
I want to ask for more egg but I'm not sure if that's scummy.

Uh, I have a grand total of...two. $180 worth of eggs for two chicks. THEY BETTER BE GIRLS. 😅 I has one internally pip but the egg was two small for external pip and zip and I didn't realize that was the issue, the other was malpositioned (upside-down) despite the eggs being incubated air cell up until day 18.
I want to ask for more egg but I'm not sure if that's scummy.

I’m so sorry you ended up with just 2! It absolutely is not scummy to ask for more eggs. I certainly would offer to cover shipping if she would reship some eggs since you had a poor hatch rate.

The first poult is out. It looks like a slate tuxedo.

🥰
D8031FCA-087E-4B62-9F6F-E34C0194AD64.jpeg

Hatched 10 out of 11 of the first set of shipped turkey eggs that made it to lockdown. 12 originally were developing out of 14, 2 were clears so I don’t count those. 10 out of 12 = 83% hatch rate. However 1 has slipped tendon and 1 appears to be a stargazer, and likely those two will have to be put down. But overall even 8 poults out of the 12 eggs is great! I am very pleased. I used the Sportsman and then the Genesis for lockdown.

Ignore the little bronze in the pic. I put her in as a tutor to show the newborns to eat and drink.

C0834C54-5E81-403D-94FC-721EB1DBE2E4.jpeg

Hatched 10 out of 11 of the first set of shipped turkey eggs that made it to lockdown. 12 originally were developing out of 14, 2 were clears so I don’t count those. 10 out of 12 = 83% hatch rate. However 1 has slipped tendon and 1 appears to be a stargazer, and likely those two will have to be put down. But overall even 8 poults out of the 12 eggs is great! I am very pleased. I used the Sportsman and then the Genesis for lockdown.

Ignore the little bronze in the pic. I put her in as a tutor to show the newborns to eat and drink.

View attachment 3848230
Awesome
That's hella good for shipped eggs.

Back
Top Bottom