They won't eat their food

Way too many people spoil their birds. Chickens aren't dumb, when they get hungry they will eat what is in front of them. They are smart enough to manipulate some flock owners though. LOL I get it, to many they are pets, not farm animals.
Yes, they would wait until they were sure I was not going to feed them the treats and then go and start eating their food. Now they eat their food just fine, no fussy eating.

Way too many people spoil their birds. Chickens aren't dumb, when they get hungry they will eat what is in front of them. They are smart enough to manipulate some flock owners though. LOL I get it, to many they are pets, not farm animals.
I have had the worst time breaking my husband of stuffing my girls full of grain. Giant handfuls all over the ground. So much that they walk away and leave it there.

I feel like this has contributed to some of our birds not being as healthy as they could be. It is cute when they eat out of your hand or come running to see you.

I think things have finally gotten better over the past few months and I notice they are eating more feed. YAY!!!

Back
Top Bottom