BIG SURPRISE : Bali ducklings born from NON-crested Indian Runner parents

I clip my chickens crests so they can see properly. Do it where the other chickens/ducks can see you doing it.

Hi.

I can do that... but will the one who will adopt my crested ducks want to clip their crests if needed...?

Hard to trust people : a lot of them ask me female Runners - but 1 female for 1 drake only...
These people, sadly, clearly don't know how to take care of them... and of course, I can not watch them to ensure my ducks are safe with them once they retrieve them.

(God... even though they are cute, I would have prefered not having crested ducklings... Because just finding them responsible owners who won't get them dead because of negligence will be complicated...!)

Hi.

I can do that... but will the one who will adopt my crested ducks want to clip their crests if needed...?

Hard to trust people : a lot of them ask me female Runners - but 1 female for 1 drake only...
These people, sadly, clearly don't know how to take care of them... and of course, I can not watch them to ensure my ducks are safe with them once they retrieve them.

(God... even though they are cute, I would have prefered not having crested ducklings... Because just finding them responsible owners who won't get them dead because of negligence will be complicated...!)
If you can keep them, I recommend that. They will probably be fine. Crested ducks can survive nearly as well as runners.

Hi.

duck crests usually don't cover the eyes. mine have crests on the top/back of the head. I sometimes trim crests to my silkies if their eyes are covered by feathers.

If you can keep them, I recommend that. They will probably be fine. Crested ducks can survive nearly as well as runners.

If I don't have any other choice, I will keep them : I would still prefer that instead of giving them away to irresponsible people.

At least, if I keep them, I may make the kids who walk in front of my house happy!
(I know I would have loved to see crested ducks when I was a kid! They look so awesome...!)

duck crests usually don't cover the eyes. mine have crests on the top/back of the head.

But I think I will need to, for the black bibbed crested one : he has THREE crests, and they look like they will get big...
(I will think to post pictures when he gets bigger!)

I sometimes trim crests to my silkies if their eyes are covered by feathers.

That's why I took an Appenzeller Spitzhauben hen, and not the bigger crested ones : I wanted a crested hen that won't need to have her crest trimed.

Back
Top Bottom