Cuckoo Marans or Blue Cuckoo Marans?

ah, yes I can see what you mean there. I guess mine has light barring, but it always just looked like lacing to me. Here is one of them last year, the lighting is not good but it’s the best I have right now.
She’s adorable! Did she show any of the cuckoo pattern when she was a chick? Mine seemed to have more when she was younger. I’ve seen other Blue Cuckoo Marans on here that have very little cuckoo speckling, similar to yours. My normal Cuckoo Marans is certainly much more cuckoo than my blue is.

She’s adorable! Did she show any of the cuckoo pattern when she was a chick? Mine seemed to have more when she was younger. I’ve seen other Blue Cuckoo Marans on here that have very little cuckoo speckling, similar to yours. My normal Cuckoo Marans is certainly much more cuckoo than my blue is.
No she really didn’t, nor did my other one - just a light lacing. They both had light feathered feet, but the feathers fell out and never grew back lol.

Me too! Please update with more pictures as they grow :)
I will! They're also the only one of my chicks to have a visible comb. It's tiny, of course because of the age, but I don't really have to go looking to find it, if that makes sense. Really hoping that's not a sign of a cockerel. I think at 3 days old it might be too soon to tell.

Just for fun, I'll post pictures every few weeks. This is at 2 weeks. "She" is looking darker now that her feathers are coming in.

Attachments

• 20240513_190559.jpg
    20240513_190559.jpg
    436.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 20240513_190255.jpg
    20240513_190255.jpg
    301.2 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom