Gaggle of Geese Lovers

Pics
“..Are you sure these are mine?”
IMG_5023.jpeg

I don’t know why geese get such a bad rap. I have gotten good about dealing with hormonal spring angst and anticipating and avoiding bites but even still.

The score so far:

My 6 ganders: 5 attempted bites, only one landed a bite.

My two drakes: I lost count. Just this last week alone I was probably bitten 70 times. I’m covered in little pinchy bruises.

Ducks are the chihuahuas of the waterfowl world.

I don’t know why geese get such a bad rap. I have gotten good about dealing with hormonal spring angst and anticipating and avoiding bites but even still.

The score so far:

My 6 ganders: 5 attempted bites, only one landed a bite.

My two drakes: I lost count. Just this last week alone I was probably bitten 70 times. I’m covered in little pinchy bruises.

Ducks are the chihuahuas of the waterfowl world.

Muscovies must be different than other breeds of duck. Mine are like geese without the hormonal rage.

Do your geese ever go after you as well as your ganders?

Muscovies must be different than other breeds of duck. Mine are like geese without the hormonal rage.

I don’t have Muscovies myself but from observing other people’s birds they’re much different than domestic mallard type breeds behaviorally.

Do your geese ever go after you as well as your ganders?
Nah the girls are usually non-confrontational unless a nest is involved. Delphi and Dandelion don’t like it if I get near their nests while they’re on them so I just don’t bother. Friday and Tuesday aren’t bothered at all even if I reach under them and pull an egg out, Apricot is unpredictable when it comes to the nest, it depends on her mood if I’m allowed near or not.
I have been nipped a few times by Apricot and Delphi out in the yard when they think they’re missing out on snacks and when they catch me on the phone, I don’t know why but they DO NOT LIKE THAT. 😂
Most of my ganders are non confrontational also, it’s mostly just Leo and Strawberry who I have problems with, usually when letting them in and out of their pens or if I get to close to Parsnip “one of my other ganders who Leo is protective of” otherwise they generally behave more civilly towards me.

Back
Top Bottom