Goose eggs day 29 been chirping for a day. When do I need to intervene ?

ivy_huan

Songster
May 31, 2022
Hey guys
I'm hatching some goose eggs right now.
They are not the best quality eggs, from my own flock. I have two goose that has been laying for almost two months and it is still very cold at night where I am.
I was just stealing eggs from them so they would keep on laying till weather warm up a bit. Then my son wanted to hatch some goslings. So I put in 13 eggs 30 days ago and only 3 made to the lockdown. Two are chirping and seen movements.

One of the eggs has been chirping for over a day now. No external pipping yet.
I'm wondering if I should make a safety hole for him or just wait

Thank you

In my experiences geese take a long time to hatch. I've had them talking for 3 days before finally hatching. It will hopefully make it's own hole by tomorrow. They can take up to 35 days to hatch.

In my experiences geese take a long time to hatch. I've had them talking for 3 days before finally hatching. It will hopefully make it's own hole by tomorrow. They can take up to 35 days to hatch.

They are pilgrim/chinese goose mix ( I was under the impression they are pilgrim until one of my male who is almost pure white turned to be a female 😂😂)

Really hope they will hatch soon lol. Next year I'll do some duck eggs with goose eggs again like I did last year, it's so much easier to wait a day or two when there is hatching going on with the ducklings lol.

Gonna do a batch of ducks and quails next 😂😂

Back
Top Bottom