Hello! I'm here for the hen party!

Woot woot! Sans finishing touches - like the correct ridge cap and cleaning windows and installing perches... the Funky Chickren Coop is mostly complete. I bled, sweat and nearly cried for sure putting the coop back together. It was given to me, but needed some work. So it is not my design, just my remodel and new roof.
About the colors: the exterior is the same as my house. Our doors are blue also. The egg door on back is blue because that's the first place door.
But the purple? So, I was reading about de-stressing chickens, how they are drawn to green and blue, and how lavender helps calm them. So! Lavender paint inside it is! Don't you know they meant the HERB and not the color? 🙄
WTH, my chickrens won't care. *I'm childless. Except my coonhound. So the girls will be my children *chickrens.
Now the run. The hard work is to come.
1000015068.jpg
1000015069.jpg
1000015071.jpg
1000015070.jpg
1000015072.jpg

Woot woot! Sans finishing touches - like the correct ridge cap and cleaning windows and installing perches... the Funky Chickren Coop is mostly complete. I bled, sweat and nearly cried for sure putting the coop back together. It was given to me, but needed some work. So it is not my design, just my remodel and new roof.
About the colors: the exterior is the same as my house. Our doors are blue also. The egg door on back is blue because that's the first place door.
But the purple? So, I was reading about de-stressing chickens, how they are drawn to green and blue, and how lavender helps calm them. So! Lavender paint inside it is! Don't you know they meant the HERB and not the color? 🙄
WTH, my chickrens won't care. *I'm childless. Except my coonhound. So the girls will be my children *chickrens.
Now the run. The hard work is to come. View attachment 3837016View attachment 3837017View attachment 3837018View attachment 3837020View attachment 3837022
It's fabulous! I love all that color!

Now the run. The hard work is to come. View attachment 3837016View attachment 3837017View attachment 3837018View attachment 3837020View attachment 3837022
Thats gorgeous! ❤️

Thank you so much for your reply!

I have, since posting, acquired a 15'L x 5'W Retriever kennel that I will use as a run. I'm going to build a shed roof over it and make the kennel a hardware cloth fortified sandbox. I have lots of creeping, slithering, flying predators and no cover so the Ladies will have to be content in there until I find a sturdy but not overly-costly tractor and build some chunnels.
I ordered day old chicks I understand to be okay not running free but in an enclosure with a coop attached.
Nice breeds!!!! :love
I had a new washer delivered from Costco and the driver thought I was nuts because I was equally excited about the box it came in. "You see, I'm getting chickens..." I told him. 🙃
Awesome!!! :lau
I love the coop and the colors!!!!

Well done you...it's beautiful!

Back
Top Bottom