Hen limping

bhawk-23

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
Apr 12, 2020
East Central Illinois
Silkie limping for 2 days. Brought her in last night to wash and clean up for better examination.

Right foot:
This is the one that is sore. It might have a tiny faint black dot which could be suspicious. Early stage bumblefoot? I also noticed a loose feather near the underside. Does not appear to be broken, but looser than any of the others. IMG_7066.jpeg

Left foot:
Appears more red but she is fully weight bearing and it does not seem to bother her. Not sure what that black spot is, it’s on the edge of the red circle.
IMG_7065.jpeg

We had a horrific case of bumblefoot once so I’d prefer to ward off anything asap if it is. It just looks nothing like the pictures I can find nor what our other hen had. Thoughts?

Is she with a rooster? Sometimes they get too rough and can sprain a leg. I'm not familiar with bumblefoot, nor the treatment of it so I cannot help with that.

Is she with a rooster? Sometimes they get too rough and can sprain a leg. I'm not familiar with bumblefoot, nor the treatment of it so I cannot help with that.
No rooster here but your guess is most likely correct. I had her inside for 48ish hours and let her back out. Her feet look great and her limp is much better! I have a feeling it was a bad jump or something that caused a sprain/soreness. A bit of rest and she was good to go I guess.

Back
Top Bottom