Hen with bubbly and crusty eyes

Belovedturkey

In the Brooder
Apr 16, 2024
I was counting my chickens and saw that one has bubbly eyes, on a closer look she also had yellow dried stuff around her eye. Both eyes are affected, and I haven’t seen any behavior change. I can’t get pictures right now but will soon. She is about a year and a half old.

Bubbles or foam in an eye and dried crusts can be a sign of mycoplasma (MG,) a chronic respiratory disease that affects most poultry. You could try some antibiotic such as Tylosin or Denagard to treat her symptoms. Clean her eyes by flushing them with saline or eye wash, and then apply some Terramycin or Neosporin to the eyes twice a day. Offer her fluids since she may not see well, and offer food as well.

Bubbles or foam in an eye and dried crusts can be a sign of mycoplasma (MG,) a chronic respiratory disease that affects most poultry. You could try some antibiotic such as Tylosin or Denagard to treat her symptoms. Clean her eyes by flushing them with saline or eye wash, and then apply some Terramycin or Neosporin to the eyes twice a day. Offer her fluids since she may not see well, and offer food as well.
Okay will do, when I got home the bubble were gone but her eyes were very wet

Back
Top Bottom