Humidity and temp question, Nurture Right 360

Pics
I have a confession, possibly humidity related but also egg-shape. There was zero movement or any internal pipping from my seventh egg on Day 23 so I gently opened it and found a living chick. Unfortunately when I ruptured the membrane it bled so it could well be that I did in a late hatcher, but I also found that while it presented with beak under right wing it was also on the opposite end of the egg nowhere near the air cell. If it was just late developing perhaps it would have still moved into position? Even though there was a lot of veining 💔 it had also already fully absorbed its yolk and there appeared to be excrement in the egg, so it seems like it just wasn't going to hatch.

I already feel myself toughening up and wanting to learn so I can do well in this work. Thank you again for all your support, I have six healthy babies and I'm grateful. ♥️🙏

I have a confession, possibly humidity related but also egg-shape. There was zero movement or any internal pipping from my seventh egg on Day 23 so I gently opened it and found a living chick. Unfortunately when I ruptured the membrane it bled so it could well be that I did in a late hatcher, but I also found that while it presented with beak under right wing it was also on the opposite end of the egg nowhere near the air cell. If it was just late developing perhaps it would have still moved into position? Even though there was a lot of veining 💔 it had also already fully absorbed its yolk and there appeared to be excrement in the egg, so it seems like it just wasn't going to hatch.

I already feel myself toughening up and wanting to learn so I can do well in this work. Thank you again for all your support, I have six healthy babies and I'm grateful. ♥️🙏
I did that with my last duck egg, but I just popped the air cell top off, a superficial vein was bleeding but I got it stopped. The membrane was in tact. Lots of work keeping it from drying out but it pipped through the membrane then eventually hatched on its own. Lived for 36-42 hrs and died before I moved it to the brooder. It seemed healthy, was active etc. went to bed with plans to move it first thing in the morning and woke up to it dead. I have no clue what happened. Stinks but can only take it as a learning experience.

With yours still having veins, no yolk and no pip I would guess that it wasn't going to make it. They can pip on the wrong end and hatch fine. They just do an external pip. But I thought they normally did veins first then yolk so my guess is it wouldn't have hatched either way.

I did that with my last duck egg, but I just popped the air cell top off, a superficial vein was bleeding but I got it stopped. The membrane was in tact. Lots of work keeping it from drying out but it pipped through the membrane then eventually hatched on its own. Lived for 36-42 hrs and died before I moved it to the brooder. It seemed healthy, was active etc. went to bed with plans to move it first thing in the morning and woke up to it dead. I have no clue what happened. Stinks but can only take it as a learning experience.

With yours still having veins, no yolk and no pip I would guess that it wasn't going to make it. They can pip on the wrong end and hatch fine. They just do an external pip. But I thought they normally did veins first then yolk so my guess is it wouldn't have hatched either way.
I'm sorry for your loss, and thank you for sharing your experience and knowledge! The only area of the internal membrane that had no veins was near the head but when I opened it the chick was barely moving and making to sign of pipping. I didn't realize though that they could make an external pip without internal first. I did however make one other discovery and am wondering if it was the problem. The umbilicus was wrapped very tightly around one foot with no way to move that leg without pulling on it. I had a hard time getting it unwrapped when I did the eggcropsy. I wonder if that disabled its ability to move. It also had a very skinny neck, but I don't know if that's normal or not. Ultimately I think you're right, it probably would not have survived with the yolk already absorbed, but I'll give any eggs in question extra time next time. ❤️

I'm sorry for your loss, and thank you for sharing your experience and knowledge! The only area of the internal membrane that had no veins was near the head but when I opened it the chick was barely moving and making to sign of pipping. I didn't realize though that they could make an external pip without internal first. I did however make one other discovery and am wondering if it was the problem. The umbilicus was wrapped very tightly around one foot with no way to move that leg without pulling on it. I had a hard time getting it unwrapped when I did the eggcropsy. I wonder if that disabled its ability to move. It also had a very skinny neck, but I don't know if that's normal or not. Ultimately I think you're right, it probably would not have survived with the yolk already absorbed, but I'll give any eggs in question extra time next time. ❤️
Hmmm ya sounds like it had some issues going on. I had 2 bantams that I think were positioned right that never internally pipped. Both had veins and yolk sacs absorbed. They just never pipped or attempted to hatch. Sometimes it just happens.

Back
Top Bottom