International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

This...I really like that idea, thank you. I can test both the incubator and Raven to see how she does.

I've never done this, so this will be new. I'll read up on it more tho just to try and get the timing right. From what I have read...just slip them in after dark and monitor Raven for a bit to make sure she accepts them? It'll be pretty obvious immediately either way I'm assuming?
Yep and make sure to go out early AM and observe as @chickengr said.

Yep... still stressing.
Screenshot_20240527-203734.png
Screenshot_20240527-203958.png

Hi, I’m new to Marans, and I’m not breeding to SOP or anything, just want dark eggs and nice meat from friendly birds - I ordered hatching eggs from a breeder with a mixed flock (BCM, blue, birchen, wheaten) and from those eggs I got this cockerel:

IMG_3939.jpeg

IMG_3943.jpeg

I’m just wondering what this bird might look like as an adult? And possibly what mixes went into this? Wheaten + blue? Birchen + Blue wheaten? Idk just curious 🤔 his chick down was yellow

Hi, I’m new to Marans, and I’m not breeding to SOP or anything, just want dark eggs and nice meat from friendly birds - I ordered hatching eggs from a breeder with a mixed flock (BCM, blue, birchen, wheaten) and from those eggs I got this cockerel:

View attachment 3847100

View attachment 3847101

I’m just wondering what this bird might look like as an adult? And possibly what mixes went into this? Wheaten + blue? Birchen + Blue wheaten? Idk just curious 🤔 his chick down was yellow
How pretty! Looks almost like a blue wheaten splash, curious to see what the experts say. Are you keeping it?

View attachment 3847100

View attachment 3847101

Blue wheaten. As a rooster he will be blue with gold hackles, saddles and secondaries.

Back
Top Bottom