Making Lemonade [Selective Culling Project - very long term]

17171569280814846083669658345076.jpg

Foreground bird is interesting, but much darker than will do well on these grounds. The various red and "whatever" birds behind will all disappear better most months. The almost all black bird is in the picture, back right, hiding.

I know it doesn't know what its future holds, but it does behave like it would rather be overlooked... (and look, all clean feet - no "Brahma mama" genetics as far as feet feathers go. That is a joy)

Last edited:
View attachment 3849154
Foreground bird is interesting, but much darker than will do well on these grounds. The various red and "whatever" birds behind will all disappear better most months. The almost all black bird is in the picture, back right, hiding.

I know it doesn't know what its future holds, but it does behave like it would rather be overlooked... (and look, all clean feet - no "Brahma mama" genetics as far as feet feathers go. That is a joy)
That front one is also one I'd watch as a possible boy from my own flock

That front one is also one I'd watch as a possible boy from my own flock
"he" does seem to have the legs for it. I had the same thought. Typically one of the more uprright stances among the birds as well.

I will likely let the turkeys out of their pen next week, move these birds in. I'm sure they would like the space, and the turkeys are already as big as my smallest chickens, they should do just fine. That, or I have to build another pen while I'm rebuilding the hen house and starting on the greenhouse...

Back
Top Bottom