Multi/Bilingual Language Thread

What Language(s) Do You Speak? :0

• Total voters
Pics
Dear Polish: why is tea grammatically feminine? And why does that change the other words in a sentence? Tea is an inanimate object.
Sincerely, a Duolingo learner that is tired of getting the word endings wrong. :he
I quit using Duo for Polish. I can't figure out the grammar and that's a very important part to me, because it's how you are able to make your own sentences. How far did you get? I got like three or four chapters in.

I quit using Duo for Polish. I can't figure out the grammar and that's a very important part to me, because it's how you are able to make your own sentences. How far did you get? I got like three or four chapters in.
I am on section 1 unit 5. I am using it in conjunction with lessons from one of my Polish friends.

I am on section 1 unit 5. I am using it in conjunction with lessons from one of my Polish friends.
Mine is Section 1 Unit Three. I am trying to use an old diplomat training course to fill in the gaps, but I really don't have a lot of time to put into it right now. Maybe later this summer!

Way late to this thread but I'm learning German on Babble and Duolingo, or at least attempting to. Today I learned that cinnamon roll in German (Zimtschnecke) translates to cinnamon snail, which I find hilarious.
Oh my gosh, that makes perfect sense and yet no sense at all. 🤣

I don't know what's going on with Duo, but I've been getting all these weird sentences in Spanish - like:

Attachments

• IMG_7872.png
    IMG_7872.png
    293.3 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_7871.png
    IMG_7871.png
    304.9 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_7749.png
    IMG_7749.png
    318.2 KB · Views: 1
I don't know what's going on with Duo, but I've been getting all these weird sentences in Spanish - like:
Aparently they can’t think of anything useful to say, huh? 🤔
Theres a lot of phrases that would be useful to learn, and slang would probably be useful too, but instead Duo seems to think it’s more useful to say “my cat likes to make bombs” or whatever. 🤨

Aparently they can’t think of anything useful to say, huh? 🤔
Theres a lot of phrases that would be useful to learn, and slang would probably be useful too, but instead Duo seems to think it’s more useful to say “my cat likes to make bombs” or whatever. 🤨
Yes, they got a little better now but still, ”my cat looked at Facebook photos for two hours yesterday” isn’t very helpful…I don’t have either a cat or Facebook!

Back
Top Bottom