Paint hardware cloth AND wood posts?

ReadySetKate

Chirping
7 Years
Jul 17, 2016
Hi! We just finished building a new coop/aviary, and now we want to paint the whole thing, including the hardware cloth. The wire cloth is already attached to the wood posts, so the paint will all need to be the same.

Will Rustoleum oil based enamel work for both the galvanized metal and the wood posts? Most of the wood is pressure treated. It’s a large structure so I reeeaally don’t want to prime, but of course, if I must, I must.

Thank you in advance!

Hubby is going to be painting our coop (cedar Amish shed) and the temp coops he made. Mostly all of it is either already finished or weather-treated, but he'll paint it all for aesthetical reasons and also to protect it. I know for a fact we have no primer here, he just paints it with the same paint as used on our cedar house, which is a latex exterior. If you stand back to look and see it needs two coats, then two coats it is. Otherwise, we'll call it good!

We've used Rustoleum in the past and that covers just about anything so I believe would make a great paint for your posts and the cloth.

Back
Top Bottom