lovely birds. I am jealous when I see that green grass.
We have such green grass in NL too. It comes with lots of rain and a colder climate.

Perfect to play hide and seek for the chickens.
IMG_4906.jpeg

lovely birds. I am jealous when I see that green grass.
please don't be jealous!! This is the only run where I can keep growing gras. I need to figure out a way to grow gras in at least part of the run. But they kill it so fast!! We had lots of rain lately...so it is growing very fast at the moment.
I've been thinking of building some growing boxes where they can eat gras or clover, wheat or whatever and not scratch. I go out and pick dandelions and stinging nettles (cut small... yes I actually sit down and do that for almost 100 birds... I must be insane 😂 )

please don't be jealous!! This is the only run where I can keep growing gras. I need to figure out a way to grow gras in at least part of the run. But they kill it so fast!! We had lots of rain lately...so it is growing very fast at the moment.
I've been thinking of building some growing boxes where they can eat gras or clover, wheat or whatever and not scratch. I go out and pick dandelions and stinging nettles (cut small... yes I actually sit down and do that for almost 100 birds... I must be insane 😂 )
My run isn’t green either. Some scratch they don’t eat will grow until it’s eaten as a sprout.
If the chickens free range a lot the greens is the run have more chance to grow into small plants.

I had a grass/herb box in the run for quite some time. With 1cm maze hwc on top. Worked rather well. But the grasses/herbs died after a hot summer and it needed repair. Because I work at home a lot the lasts years they free range more. I didn’t find it imported to reinstall it.

chicken-coop-grazing-plans.jpg

internet pic

it seems I always find a place without rain. I also bought land without any trees and on the western part of the hill. only my solar panels enjoy it, lol.

Well to be fair, that's what Greece looks like in a lot of places. The property here must have some sort of microclimate. In the winter and fall, maybe early spring too, every surface that isn't covered in normal plant growth grows moss. During the summer of course, it all gets fried

Back
Top Bottom