Pipd's Peeps!

Power was back up at 8pm ish. Hatcher only got down to 97, the incubators that were on day 1 and day 2 where down to 88. I had 3 towls on the Hatcher. Lost one of the brood momas babies to drowning, had to move an outdoor brooder baby to the garage for warmth. The garage holds heat pretty well. Pulled lates from the silkie/brahma/Crevecoeur hatch. Opened them up and one quit before or right at lockdown and the other two quit in or just after as yoke was gone but they didn't look positioned right. So lost two dark brahma and one silkie. The others were from Dustys pen and most didn't make it from the ones that were close to hatch time. Still have 3 in the Hatcher along with the Blue brassyback rosecombs. They are talking up a storm and moving.
You've had a time of it :eek:

Power was back up at 8pm ish. Hatcher only got down to 97, the incubators that were on day 1 and day 2 where down to 88. I had 3 towls on the Hatcher. Lost one of the brood momas babies to drowning, had to move an outdoor brooder baby to the garage for warmth. The garage holds heat pretty well. Pulled lates from the silkie/brahma/Crevecoeur hatch. Opened them up and one quit before or right at lockdown and the other two quit in or just after as yoke was gone but they didn't look positioned right. So lost two dark brahma and one silkie. The others were from Dustys pen and most didn't make it from the ones that were close to hatch time. Still have 3 in the Hatcher along with the Blue brassyback rosecombs. They are talking up a storm and moving.

Ah, man. Sorry to hear about the drowning and the quitters. :hugs I think the day 1 and 2 eggs should be all right having only gotten to 88 for a few hours. I don't see you losing too many just from that, anyway. :fl

Fingers crossed for lots of little Rosecombs and those Dusty babies in the hatcher! :fl How are they looking this morning?

Ah, man. Sorry to hear about the drowning and the quitters. :hugs I think the day 1 and 2 eggs should be all right having only gotten to 88 for a few hours. I don't see you losing too many just from that, anyway. :fl

Fingers crossed for lots of little Rosecombs and those Dusty babies in the hatcher! :fl How are they looking this morning?
Today is hatch day on those eggs! Only seven rosecomb eggs to go on hatching. One of the Dusty eggs left to go. I may have a cull in the hatched rosecombs as it seams it cant use its legs very well or at all.

So you know that silver chick I had in the Easter hatch? I've gotten two more just like it from Dusty's eggs.

Back
Top Bottom