Some tips on raising chicks!

BedRock Farm Ladies

In the Brooder
Apr 13, 2023
Hello all new chicken owners! Here’s some tips on how to raise chicks!!

You should buy your chicks medicated feed, a small bag lasted 4 weeks for my 8 chicks, spending on how many you own it should last about that long for you as well. Chicks should have one watered with plain water, and one with hydro-hen which is nutrients that hydrate them. They should have a stick for a perch or a chick perch for them to roost on, my chicks love roosting so I gave them a stick since it’s free. Make sure to give them a lot of attention, if you’re planning on keeping a rooster give him tons of attention, as you don’t want an aggressive rooster in your yard, otherwise you’re doing great!

Good pointers on the roosting - something that is very important for their health and well being.

I would say the medicated feed and hydro hen are by preference only. They aren't a necessity and one should research the pros and cons of medicated feed as it relates to their flock goals. We have raised thousands of chicks with organic chick started and straight up, God given water (slightly warm of course, for the first week 😉)

Back
Top Bottom