Time for more chicks! Hatch-a-Long!

Pics
I put up the door the knocked off. I will do some rigging tomorrow and maybe move Kraken (the Rambunctious) into the chick area in his brooder box. I dont think he would be safe with the 6 week old babies.
I agree. The age/size difference is too large right now. He will be fine being spoiled rotten by you. 🥰 Give him/her lots of chick snuggles.

Oh no! The poor little chickies, goats are ornery little critters. I hope your chick losses are done and you can enjoy your little ones the rest of the year.
I may have bought Kraken some friends. My local TSC had 50% off chicks. I got 1 RIR, 2 Americana (EEs), and 1 Barred Rock.

Let me tell you how angry I was at the Barred Rock they gave me. I got home, and was going to put the babies in the brooder. I smelled something horrible. I figured an animal had died and the wind blew the smell towards me. Nope. It was the Barred Rock. It had poop stuck to her butt so bad. It was the size of a quarter yall. Washed it off and the smell underneath that? 🤢 I posted about it in the injuries section to see what could be done for her. If anyone wants to see the pics they are on that thread.

I called TSC and gave them a piece of my mind. Was told "We check the chicks 3x a day". No way that little one had been checked in days. Ugh 😤🤬

I'm glad you were able to get her and clean her up. I hope she heals up well and has a wonderful life on the Elfen farm!

Back
Top Bottom