Poultry Processor in Massachusetts?

Sheepherder Mom

Hatching
12 Years
Aug 2, 2007
Hello,
My meat birds are about to burst! Does anyone know a poultry processor in Massachusetts? I live near Framingham.

There's not many choices near Franklin area, but I liked and would recommend the place that did mine a couple of weeks ago, $3 per bird.

Lavado's Poultry Market
281 Coggeshall St, New Bedford, MA
(508) 996-8765

http://maps.yahoo.com/index.php#q1=281+Coggeshall+Street,+New+Bedford+MA+02746,+us&env=F

They don't always answer the phone, and when they do, they will tell you that it's 1st come 1st serve, on Thursday mornings starting at 9am.

Took them less than two hours to do some rabbits, then the 25 that the guy in front of me had, then my 16. Got there at 9:15, driving home by 11. Bring coolers, there's gas station down the street that sells ice.

Last edited:
OK, anyone want to buy the birds from me... cheap?!
I am not going to butcher myself, and I am not going to drive 1.5 hours to New Bedford (each way).

I didnt know they were game birds, my son ordered them.
All our others are layers.

Hey, we have a dozen 10 week old layers too. I need to sell some of them as well. Let me know if you're intersted. I have quite a variety. I ordered all female from McMurray.

I sent you email about a possible way to butcher.

Also I'm only a few towns away from Framingham. What price would you take for the Cornish ? About what do they weigh?

Back
Top Bottom