⚠️ SHOTS ALLERGY PLEASE READ❗️

xXChickenXx-

Songster
9 Years
Jul 3, 2015
That's our baby 7 years old! And my mom just recently started showing signs of allergy. I heard of shots to fight the allergy but anyone know what those are? Or anyone go through something similar?? We don't want to give her away because she's an indoor and can't find anyone to care for her the way we do 🥺😭

Attachments

• IMG_20240929_130513.jpg
    IMG_20240929_130513.jpg
    608.7 KB · Views: 7
Your mom needs to have allergy testing done. If she was fine for 7 years around chickens there is a good chance something else is causing the allergies.
Not necessarily. My sister and her husband raise turkeys commercially in Minnesota. Who has ever heard of someone allergic to turkeys, but not chickens or ducks? Well, after 30 years of being around them, she's now allergic to them. She gets a shot from the doctor every few months.

I do agree with getting allergy tested though to be sure!

Not necessarily. My sister and her husband raise turkeys commercially in Minnesota. Who has ever heard of someone allergic to turkeys, but not chickens or ducks? Well, after 30 years of being around them, she's now allergic to them. She gets a shot from the doctor every few months.

I do agree with getting allergy tested though to be sure!
No it’s not unheard of which is why I said “there is a good chance” and not that “there isn’t a chance” it is the chicken. However, allergy testing is still required before extreme measures like rehoming the chicken. I know too many people who panicked, re-homed their pets only to find out when the allergy symptoms continued that it wasn’t the pet at all.

No it’s not unheard of which is why I said “there is a good chance” and not that “there isn’t a chance” it is the chicken. However, allergy testing is still required before extreme measures like rehoming the chicken. I know too many people who panicked, re-homed their pets only to find out when the allergy symptoms continued that it wasn’t the pet at all.
Yup, very true!

That's our baby 7 years old! And my mom just recently started showing signs of allergy. I heard of shots to fight the allergy but anyone know what those are? Or anyone go through something similar?? We don't want to give her away because she's an indoor and can't find anyone to care for her the way we do 🥺😭
I'm sorry I can't help you about the shots but I do feel for you! We have two lovely puppies who got the fleas, I got it under control quickly but DH has an autoimmune condition an he's immune compromised. Even though he had no flea bites, he got hives and all over itchy. He's being treated with cream and allergy medicine. We don't want him to be sick but we want to keep our puppies!
I hope and pray your Mom can find relief AND you can keep your baby!

I'm sorry I can't help you about the shots but I do feel for you! We have two lovely puppies who got the fleas, I got it under control quickly but DH has an autoimmune condition an he's immune compromised. Even though he had no flea bites, he got hives and all over itchy. He's being treated with cream and allergy medicine. We don't want him to be sick but we want to keep our puppies!
I hope and pray your Mom can find relief AND you can keep your baby!
Has he been tested for celiac or a gluten allergy? My first symptom was random hives and being itchy all over. I thought it was an environmental reaction, but the hives and constant itching continued until the gluten was removed. I only ask because it’s actually very common for autoimmune conditions to trigger gluten allergies.

Has he been tested for celiac or a gluten allergy? My first symptom was random hives and being itchy all over. I thought it was an environmental reaction, but the hives and constant itching continued until the gluten was removed. I only ask because it’s actually very common for autoimmune conditions to trigger gluten allergies.
No they didn't. But I am suspicious that it is something else because we have tried everything including benadryl spray, calamine, hydrocortisone.
I haven't seen any flea activity on the puppies, me or anywhere for over a month

Back
Top Bottom