1 y/o Americauna laying questionable eatable egg, help!

lsatt

Chirping
Sep 17, 2022
One of our chickens has recently been laying eggs that have a very mottled yolk and very discolored albumin. She eats, drinks and runs around with her flock mates as usual but yesterday I did notice her having diarrhea. I showed the egg to my son and dil, they raise chickens and both said they’d eat it as you’re going to cook it anyway😬. They get Purina layer feed, separate oyster shell, and water. I started giving probiotics in the water just today and will only supply enough water for 24 hours so that it is refreshed daily. Our other three chickens eggs look perfect. Any ideas? They were vaccinated at the hatchery but nothing since. Thanks for any help

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 5
This looks better than the one yesterday. The albumin is yellow and clear now

If you are uncomfortable - feed it to the dog or toss it.

Is it terrible hot there?
Yes we’ve been having temps in the 80’s - 90’s with dew points over 60 and occasionally into the 70’s which is downright tropical! We try to get the eggs out of the coop asap! We also keep a large section of the coop open during the day to keep plenty of air moving through it during the day.

I don't think it is genetic problem, or a disease. I think it might be the heat. Or a glitch, due to the heat. Make sure they have water and shade.

Toss these, and be aware. ten to one, it will just clear up, if it doesn't, this bird would be removed from the flock, just in case it was contagious.

Mrs K

I don't think it is genetic problem, or a disease. I think it might be the heat. Or a glitch, due to the heat. Make sure they have water and shade.

Toss these, and be aware. ten to one, it will just clear up, if it doesn't, this bird would be removed from the flock, just in case it was contagious.

Mrs K
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom