14 day incubation no movement chicks

Brookemills12

In the Brooder
Jul 30, 2024
Hello again! It’s my first time hatching eggs in a munual incubator
My chick is now on day 14
I recently asked on here what it meant if I can no longer see veins anymore within the egg
On day 10 and 11 I candled the egg to check up on any movement,I seen some very healthy looking veins and ALOT of movement!
Then day 12 I candled the egg again and the veins had disappeared but there wasnt much movement at all But there was some, this egg has come with 6 that have passed away so I’m very much so paranoid that this one will turn out like the others but I checked again on day 13 (yesterday) and there’s no movement at all when candle the egg I see this what looks like see through liquid? Around it,I could be wrong but that’s the type of look it gives off as I can see the outline of it and discoloration,I’m leaving it be and not checking up as much as baby on has 4 days untill the hatching process starts,but I’m very much confused as everything is looking pretty fine everything up untill the passed couple of days has been fine,I can’t add any photos as I don’t have any other devices
Please just give advice based on what I have tried my best to explain
Thankyou x

Hello again! It’s my first time hatching eggs in a munual incubator
My chick is now on day 14
I recently asked on here what it meant if I can no longer see veins anymore within the egg
On day 10 and 11 I candled the egg to check up on any movement,I seen some very healthy looking veins and ALOT of movement!
Then day 12 I candled the egg again and the veins had disappeared but there wasnt much movement at all But there was some, this egg has come with 6 that have passed away so I’m very much so paranoid that this one will turn out like the others but I checked again on day 13 (yesterday) and there’s no movement at all when candle the egg I see this what looks like see through liquid? Around it,I could be wrong but that’s the type of look it gives off as I can see the outline of it and discoloration,I’m leaving it be and not checking up as much as baby on has 4 days untill the hatching process starts,but I’m very much confused as everything is looking pretty fine everything up untill the passed couple of days has been fine,I can’t add any photos as I don’t have any other devices
Please just give advice based on what I have tried my best to explain
Thankyou x
Sounds like it might be dead. How often do you turn the eggs? do you see veins forming a circle? If so it's dead.

I saw your other thread.. I think it's possibly dead.

Please describe your incubation temperature, humidity, and how many times per day you're turning, plus how far. Has anything been calibrated?

Please tell if the incubator has any adjustable vents and if they're open or closed.

Also, are the eggs from your own flock, shipped, etc?

Sounds like it might be dead. How often do you turn the eggs? do you see veins forming a circle? If so it's dead.
I turn the egg atleast 3-4 times a day,I see no veins in the circle no,it don’t give out anything like it’s dead like the blood ring or anything,it gives off no red flags at all I’m just concerned as many people told me 2 days ago that it’s normal if there’s no movement and veins as baby’s growing and it’s hard work

I saw your other thread.. I think it's possibly dead.

Please describe your incubation temperature, humidity, and how many times per day you're turning, plus how far. Has anything been calibrated?

Please tell if the incubator has any adjustable vents and if they're open or closed.

Also, are the eggs from your own flock, shipped, etc?
They are shipped eggs,it’s currently on 37.8,I turn then 3-4 times a day,there’s no vents at all,I have even got syrephome on top of the incubator Incase the temperature dose drop at any point which it hasn’t

They are shipped eggs,it’s currently on 37.8,I turn then 3-4 times a day,there’s no vents at all,I have even got syrephome on top of the incubator Incase the temperature dose drop at any point which it hasn’t
I disagreed with the posters on the other thread and think they're possibly mistaken.. but even with more than 1,000 chicks hatched personally, candling is NOT my strong point so minded my own business. Also because there's nothing to lose by waiting and see what develops.. back then you said the embryo was still moving. The fact that you see no movement.. could be napping or quit.. I think quit.

Shipped eggs make for especially challenging circumstances, EVEN when you do everything right. The jostling, temperature fluctuations, age of eggs, etc.. it all adds up.

This pic was taken from the link that follows it for reference..
1722479817775.png

https://incubatorwarehouse.com/pages/egg-candling

Turning should always be done an ODD number of times.

Checking them more often, creating a slight cooling period while the lid is open.. has been shown to increase hatch rate.. assuming they are not dropped or otherwise damaged during the process.

Sometimes you can start to smell the rotting egg, it starts to smell like death. Do a sniff test and see if that gives you any more clues. I have a REALLY hard time thinking it's still surviving, according to your description coupled with my personal experience.

:fl

I also agree you should wait. It doesn't hurt and shipped eggs don't always prove to have the best hatch rate. I personally, when manually turning eggs, turn them 5 times a day.

Back
Top Bottom