Emrosenagel

Songster
Oct 2, 2020
Hello!

About a week ago I made a post about red globs and intestinal lining in poop. After that, a few more birds had intestinal lining and no more red globs. I had a fecal float done that came back negative for worms or cocci, but I decided to worm anyways since it may not have shown up. About four days ago, two of my newish layers stopped laying (they started about two weeks ago? Maybe a week and a half). I don’t know if that’s normal or not. So today, after a few days of nothing in the poop, I found a poop with more red globs and lining. I don’t know what to do about it, I’m starting to get frustrated. My one hen that I suspect is the culprit is still acting a little off, but she’s also molting. If it isn’t worms, and it isn’t cocci, what else could it be?

I found this in another thread:

Due to the roughness of their diet, a bird sheds the intestinal lining every few weeks

It seems to me that if no worms showed up in a vet's fecal float, then there are no worms. That test should find even worm eggs that would only be evident under a microscope. I don't think you're seeing anything to worry about.

Back
Top Bottom