Adopting older goslings- will they still imprint

I think it depends on the individuals. I don't think geese in general like to be held but 3 of mine will let me hold them. I like the level of closeness...they are friendly but not needy. I have goats, dogs and pigs I raised from babies and boy are they overly attached to me at the hip. If I'm home, they will cry when I'm not with them. So imprinting may be a good thing if you're always home and have only a few babies.
That’s true. I don’t really want them imprinted on me, just friendly. Which they are-ish. Only slightly standoffish. My ducks however think I’m the devil 😅

That’s true. I don’t really want them imprinted on me, just friendly. Which they are-ish. Only slightly standoffish. My ducks however think I’m the devil 😅
Haha. My 12 ducks are very friendly but independent, well one is uber needy (attached at the ankles literally, lol). As long as they feed from hands, come towards me when I visit them and take walks with me...I'm happy! Trust me, imprinted babies are great if you don't have a dozen pigs, dogs, goats, ducks fighting over you for attention at the same time!

Back
Top Bottom