Algae and apple cider vinegar

It didn't help our issue as I thought it would.

We use this stuff, for RV water tanks. It keeps the algae gone. It's like not even a teaspoon for our 5-gallon bucket.

Water freshener.jpg

I reviewed it here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/reviews/water-freshener-additive.12131/

It didn't help our issue as I thought it would.

We use this stuff, for RV water tanks. It keeps the algae gone. It's like not even a teaspoon for our 5-gallon bucket.

View attachment 3895191

I reviewed it here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/reviews/water-freshener-additive.12131/
Camco Drinking Water freshener is a Sodium Hypochlorite solution. That's right, its chlorine bleach.

Bleach is basic (alkaline). ACV is Acidic. If whatever you have growing likes an acidic environment, adding a small amount of mild acid isn't going to help. Adding a good amount of something very basic (alkaline) may.

If whatever is growing likes alkaline environments, adding more bleach isn't likely to help. Adding a strong acid likely will.

And of course don't mix cleaning solutions, and do stuff in a well ventilated area, whatever you are doing.

Camco Drinking Water freshener is a Sodium Hypochlorite solution. That's right, its chlorine bleach.

Bleach is basic (alkaline). ACV is Acidic. If whatever you have growing likes an acidic environment, adding a small amount of mild acid isn't going to help. Adding a good amount of something very basic (alkaline) may.

If whatever is growing likes alkaline environments, adding more bleach isn't likely to help. Adding a strong acid likely will.

And of course don't mix cleaning solutions, and do stuff in a well ventilated area, whatever you are doing.
We never even looked into it. Paying attention to our water tests we do every 6-12 months (well water), would have helped. :he

We started with ACV and still had issues, so we tried the RV water stuff. It works so well that we use it on all four of the bulk waterers. It's been years now.

Back
Top Bottom