Avitrol Plus for diarrhea?

Heidiypi1

Songster
Jan 8, 2021
Hi there hope I’m posting this on the right page? I have a Sussex Light absolutely beautiful choockie she has severe diarrhea, I’ve been work on fermenting their food to help their guts, but this morning she had the worst diarrhea ever! So I gave her 3 Avitrol Plus tablets, praying that she will be better tomorrow!… should I repeat this 3 days in a row? She weighs about 3 kilos or maybe 3.5 kilos… any suggestions please I’m desperate don’t want to loose her, she has also been limping a bit I can’t see anything wrong with her feet I sprayed them and cleaned them up a bit, one looks a bit bigger than the other… sorry a few questions here, the Avitrol Plus repeat for three days?…

Everything I read about Avitrol Plus was it's for deworming, give it once, then again in 14 days.

Sometimes probiotics will straighten out a digestive system, thus helping resolve diarrhea. If you're fermenting feed or grains for 3 days, that should be enough probiotics/prebiotics. I would only offer her feed, and withhold any treats unless it's like yogurt or scrambled eggs.

Consider getting some Poultry Cell to put in their water every other day for a week or so and see if that helps her overall condition.

Thank you Debbie29 so much for your kind and wise reply really appreciate this! I will do exactly what you suggested and see how we go! Photos of my girls!

Attachments

• IMG_7252.jpeg
    IMG_7252.jpeg
    765 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_7278.jpeg
    IMG_7278.jpeg
    721.6 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_7259.jpeg
    IMG_7259.jpeg
    518.8 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom