Breed Identification

Ali00

Chirping
5 Years
May 24, 2019
Hello. We ordered 23 chicks from McMurray and received 32 😬. They are currently 16 weeks old and we are trying to identify a few of the extras. I was thinking we have a Rhode Island Red (there are 4 of these and I didn’t order any that look remotely like them), Silver Laced Wyandotte (I ordered one, but this one doesn’t look like our 2 year old SLW, so I’m not certain), and the 3rd bird, I have no clue. I’m also wondering if that one is a cockerel. Any help would be appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_7068.jpeg
    IMG_7068.jpeg
    590 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_7058.jpeg
    IMG_7058.jpeg
    1,010.2 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_7054.jpeg
    IMG_7054.jpeg
    733.7 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_7055.jpeg
    IMG_7055.jpeg
    710.2 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_7056.jpeg
    IMG_7056.jpeg
    441.4 KB · Views: 24
Hello. We ordered 23 chicks from McMurray and received 32 😬. They are currently 16 weeks old and we are trying to identify a few of the extras. I was thinking we have a Rhode Island Red (there are 4 of these and I didn’t order any that look remotely like them), Silver Laced Wyandotte (I ordered one, but this one doesn’t look like our 2 year old SLW, so I’m not certain), and the 3rd bird, I have no clue. I’m also wondering if that one is a cockerel. Any help would be appreciated!
yes, the last one is a boy.

I don’t think McMurray sells Production Red’s…?
It just means a production type of Rhode Island red, which are what hatcheries sell unless they're specifically labeled as heritage Rhode Island reds. Those are a much darker color, much more rare and expensive.

The second bird looks to be an Easter egger pullet to me. Not all of them have beards.

The third is a gold laced Wyandotte male.

It just means a production type of Rhode Island red, which are what hatcheries sell unless they're specifically labeled as heritage Rhode Island reds. Those are a much darker color, much more rare and expensive.

The second bird looks to be an Easter egger pullet to me. Not all of them have beards.

The third is a gold laced Wyandotte male.
I second this ^

I ended up contacting McMurray directly. The black and white is an Ameraucana and the other is not a Production Red. It is either a Rhode Island Red or a New Hampshire Red. Thanks for all the input.

Back
Top Bottom