Broody girl

TerriChad2020

Chirping
Jul 13, 2022
I've got a broody chicken. She's been broody before and she took 10 days to break in a broody box. This season has been tough I've been trending to a sick chicken as well and my broody girl has been out and about each day eating drinking dust bathing so I kinda let her go. She's sitting on no eggs just like she did last year and at this point she's past the 21 days so I'm thinking I will need to crate her again. Why do you think she's still broody could it be cause there's no eggs so there's no babies so she thinks she still needs to be in there. Oh and also the last 2 days she didn't come out to eat or drink so I had to remove her. Any suggestions.

I've got a broody chicken. She's been broody before and she took 10 days to break in a broody box. This season has been tough I've been trending to a sick chicken as well and my broody girl has been out and about each day eating drinking dust bathing so I kinda let her go. She's sitting on no eggs just like she did last year and at this point she's past the 21 days so I'm thinking I will need to crate her again. Why do you think she's still broody could it be cause there's no eggs so there's no babies so she thinks she still needs to be in there. Oh and also the last 2 days she didn't come out to eat or drink so I had to remove her. Any suggestions.
I have a hen that goes way past the 21 days every time she is broody. Definitely use any method you use to break her.

When I notice mine not eating or drinking. I go in the coop and move her physically towards the water and food and she takes that break to eat and drink.

Your hen might not be as nice or easy to deal with as mine. Haha.

Back
Top Bottom