Bumble Foot with Green Swollen Toe??

HilaryAkin

Songster
May 23, 2021
Northern Lower Michigan
Noticed one of my chickens a little more lethargic yesterday. Not moving as much. Today I saw her limping. Her right foot is the first pic. Little black spot. Does it look like bumble foot? That’s not even the one she’s limping on. Her left foot (remaining pics), has a similar little black spot but I also saw a swollen middle toe, warm to the touch, and green little spot on that toe.

Bumble foot on both feet and infection on left?

Just a side note, a lot of my chickens have been seeming a little more tired lately and not eating quite as much. I clean their coop every Sunday and haven’t noticed any bugs, nor have I seen any on the chickens I’ve inspected. I have noticed a ton of feathers so I know several are molting right now.

Attachments

• IMG_7623.jpeg
    IMG_7623.jpeg
    393.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_7626.jpeg
    IMG_7626.jpeg
    419.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_7625.jpeg
    IMG_7625.jpeg
    381 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_7624.jpeg
    IMG_7624.jpeg
    538.6 KB · Views: 5
@HilaryAkin
It does look like there is the start of a bumble in the first picture.

I'm not sure about the one she is limping on. It almost looks like some bruising from an injury.

In general her feel look rough and scaly with lots of tiny black dots.
Unless that's just something unique to her breed it reminds me of how their legs look with scaly leg mites.

I don't think you could go wrong with an epsom salt soak for her feet. The bumble is small so you may be able to easily get it out.

Hopefully someone else will drop in with a better answer for the green swollen toe and the skin on her feet.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom