Calling all fancy Goldie keepers!!!

p4PaDuck x2

In the Brooder
Aug 26, 2024
This is a place where really any type of fish keeping or aquascaping or even shrimp keeping is welcome! The main topic though, is fancy goldfish keeping. My only rule no dirty mouths please! Also I was wondering if I could keep three oranda/ranchu Goldie’s in a 45 gallon tank.

Please enjoy yourselves and tell stories of your fishes!!!!!

This is a place where really any type of fish keeping or aquascaping or even shrimp keeping is welcome! The main topic though, is fancy goldfish keeping. My only rule no dirty mouths please! Also I was wondering if I could keep three oranda/ranchu Goldie’s in a 45 gallon tank.

Please enjoy yourselves and tell stories of your fishes!!!!!
I don;t believe three would work in that size of tank. Two would be fine, with proper filteration

Also I was wondering if I could keep three oranda/ranchu Goldie’s in a 45 gallon tank
Yes but you would need to have lots of filtration. I have 5 single tailed goldfish in a 75 gallon tank however 3 of them are rescues that lived in a 10 gallon tank with pretty much no filtration and were underfed so they are all stunted. And one of the non recuses seems to have been stunted before I bought it so there is only one goldfish of a decent size in the tank.

I also plan that if more than 2 of them get over 6 inches they will be moved to an outdoor 300 gallon stock tank.

Yes but you would need to have lots of filtration. I have 5 single tailed goldfish in a 75 gallon tank however 3 of them are rescues that lived in a 10 gallon tank with pretty much no filtration and were underfed so they are all stunted. And one of the non recuses seems to have been stunted before I bought it so there is only one goldfish of a decent size in the tank.
True but I would go heavy with filtration. Just keeping two fish is the better option. If you would do three then lots of sponge filters and plants.

I also plan that if more than 2 of them get over 6 inches they will be moved to an outdoor 300 gallon stock tank.
oh and also have a very thick substrate layer. Aim for at least 3 inches but deeper is better

I don;t believe three would work in that size of tank. Two would be fine, with proper filteration
I don't currently have any fancies, that's a long story. I do have two Comets that live in my turtle tank that have more than quadrupled in size since I got them. I used to have fancies (A ranchu, two telescope eyeds, a ryukin, and two shubunkins) that lived in a 75 gal. My dad did a water change on their tank and didn't put in dechlorinator when he put the new water in so that was the end of that.

I don't currently have any fancies, that's a long story. I do have two Comets that live in my turtle tank that have more than quadrupled in size since I got them. I used to have fancies (A ranchu, two telescope eyeds, a ryukin, and two shubunkins) that lived in a 75 gal. My dad did a water change on their tank and didn't put in dechlorinator when he put the new water in so that was the end of that.
I now have a few guppies and Mollies in the 75 gal.

I now have a few guppies and Mollies in the 75 gal.
Well, 8 guppies and 4 mollies. I had a few more guppies that have died in the few weeks for some reason. I do have around 30 guppy fry in a ten gal in my room. Their parents live in the 75 gal, they are just being grown out until they are big enough not to be eaten by the other guppies in the tank.

Okay. I think I will do two Goldie’s and have lots of plants and sponge filters.

I have read a lot of controversial things about planted Goldie tanks and I want to do it because it looks good. But I hear that the eat the plants even the stem plants

Back
Top Bottom