Can anyone identify this girl?

Bean1028

Songster
Jun 18, 2024
Ugh...McMurray has struck again...but for the first and last time at our house. I THOUGHT I knew exactly what she was...until I realized I had no clue what she is. I have spent so. many. hours. pouring over thousands of photos...and I have NO CLUE what she is. I even checked, double checked, triple & quadruple checked McMurray's list of birds. She came in our Ameraucana order...(none of which were actual Ameraucanas, surprise surprise) and she seems to be the SOLE hen we got in our order!! Ugh. So, she was a beautiful chipmunk chick, the poster child for the silver ameraucana chicks...she looked EXACTLY like the photos, so there was no doubt in our minds. Her feathers came in exactly how we expected them to as well. Our first doubt came when she appeared to be double breasted, unlike our real ameraucana chicks (from a breeder). Then she wasn't growing muffs or a beard (silvers tend to grow slower than the other colors, so we're still good, right?) Then I noticed those black dots on her chest...well those definitely shouldn't be there. Then it hit me...we unchecked the mystery chick box...we weren't supposed to get any extra chick or any mystery chick...but we did. We had an extra chick we didn't order. So, we're thinking she's either a clean faced EE, or she's a mystery chick. Either way, my mind is just dying to know...Tia!

Attachments

• 20240708_140538.jpg
    20240708_140538.jpg
    975.9 KB · Views: 27
  • 20240708_140514.jpg
    20240708_140514.jpg
    817 KB · Views: 13
Thanks! Sounds about right lol. I was hoping since she was clean faced she would turn out to be something else...just maybe, bc who doesn't need just 1 more random chicken breed in their flock? 😁 But those black splotches on her breasts were a dead giveaway...now my mind is racing with all the possibilities she could be...I only have about 2 months before she starts to lay her first eggs...but idk that I'm going down the genetic wormhole with her...I'll just enjoy her odd beauty for now.

Back
Top Bottom