Carving Our Jack-O-Lantern

vfem

Yoga...The Chicken Pose
11 Years
Aug 4, 2008
Fuquay Varina, NC
I just have to express how funny my daughter was with this experience. I was worried about doing it because I was sure she would have wanted to hold the knife, and it would have started a tantrum... but that didn't happen.

Instead, I start cutting the top off as she watches me "Whats that? Whats that?" she says. I explain it to her though she really didn't care the answer. As soon as I get the top off and gooey stuff strung with seeds is hanging there, she freaks!

The look of shock and awe was too funny. She runs in the other room and watches me from behind the wall until I get all the icky out of it. I offered her to touch it... but she goes running into the playroom screaming NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Finally I get it cleaned up and carve a mean little face on it. She ventures back in and asks again, "Whats that?"

I turn the face around so she can see... she walks up, points at its teeth, looks at me.... then bares her teeth all mean and goes "grrrrrrr".

I laughed so hard I didn't know what to think. She's too cute at this age!

Last edited:
How old is she?? that is so funny! The things that scare kids! When my son was about a year old, he used to completely freak out when we passed by a fountain. It was really extreme if it was a BIG fountain.
lau.gif

my son saw the insides of a pumpkin last year and started gagging...he nearly threw up!!! It was so funny, his eyes were all watery and red, and his face was beet red!!! Love the story, kids are so priceless!!!

Back
Top Bottom