Chick with a broken back or neck

amramr96

Hatching
Apr 12, 2016
Texas
So my chick was attacked by a dog. I thought she would die so I let her lay in our garden peacefully and warm in the sun rays. I went back out side later that day to bury her and lo and behold she was still alive. I took her indoors and put her under a lamp and fed her a little water thinking she was going to pass through the night. I didn't know her injures so I didn't want to cull her if she could live. A few days have passed and she kind of has her neck sunken back but she can move still , she also has a bump on her lower back. Should I let her live and hope she can move around or should I just put her out of her misery?

Welcome to BYC. Feed your chick some water with SaveAChick vitamins and electrolytes either by dipping her beak or with a dropper. Is she drinking and eating on her own? Add some of the water to a small bowl of her feed to make it soupy, and give her some chopped egg. Keep her warm, and she may surprise you by recovering. She may need a friend for companionship while she recuperates.

Back
Top Bottom