Chicks from Tractor Supply

Molbaygun

Chirping
13 Years
Oct 4, 2008
New Milford, CT
I purchased some assorted banty's from TS and I honestly think that 4 of them are silkies. Is this a possibility? I was told that there would be no way that they would mix them in. They all have a gray beak, gray legs and feathers on their feet. They are very fluffy also. Thank you.

16655_img_3963.jpg
16655_img_3992.jpg

Last edited:
it is possible, in fact when i got my six silkies the bin proclaimed "mixed bantam straight run". They were all silkies actually. I grabbed the last black one and the last two partridge ones and three white silkies.

Yep - I got 3 silkies in the mixed bantam bin last year.
smile.png
Oh, and a pretty good way to identify them (along with black sking, feathered legs) is that they have 5 toes.

Yep, totally silkies.
smile.png
Seems like most people who work there don't have a clue about what kind of chickens they've got. I bet most of them don't know what a silkie is, and that yes, it is a bantie.

Cute little chickies and congratulations on your new acquisitions!

We love our silkies. Incidentally, we bought our silkies from a farmer who had bought a batch of mixed banty chicks and 1/4 of them were silkies.

Are Silkies a Bantam Chicken? If so do they lay good eggs to eat? Just curious since I don't know much about Silkies. Saw some feathered feet chicks in the bantam bin the other day at Tractor Supply but the clerk told me they were Bantams and that I wouldn't want them. Didn't notice if they had five toes or not.

Yup, TSC gets silkies in their assorted bantam bins. I called THREE stores to see if they had them, "No, we never get silkies ... only bantams." All three stores had silkies. Lol.

I really think they should be instructed to say, "We don't know what we get in the assorted shipments, please come see what we have."

Back
Top Bottom