Cockerel or Pullets

CeeCee19

Hatching
Oct 4, 2024
Hi! We have five 8-week old chickens with an Easter Egger rooster and either an olive egger, cream legbar, silkie, or buff orpington hen. First time chicken mom and unsure how to sex them. I have my guesses but thought I’d ask for some help. Thank you!

#1 - either olive egger or cream legbar
#2 - buff Orpington
#3 - silkie
#4 and #5 - look the same and either olive egger or cream legbar

Attachments

• IMG_4564.jpeg
    IMG_4564.jpeg
    574 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_4567.jpeg
    IMG_4567.jpeg
    590.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_4562.jpeg
    IMG_4562.jpeg
    650.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4566.jpeg
    IMG_4566.jpeg
    566.6 KB · Views: 10
can you get a full body picture of the first one? None of those are a silkie or buff orpington though.

I am thinking that number 1 and 2 are both cockerels

Pic of the silkie next to its Mom and full body of #1. And last is of the full crew.

#2 came hatched from our buff Orpington’s egg
#3 hatched from our silkies egg

Attachments

• IMG_4571.jpeg
    IMG_4571.jpeg
    861.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_4572.jpeg
    IMG_4572.jpeg
    810.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4573.jpeg
    IMG_4573.jpeg
    1,010.6 KB · Views: 7
Pic of the silkie next to its Mom and full body of #1. And last is of the full crew.

#2 came hatched from our buff Orpington’s egg
#3 hatched from our silkies egg
#2 is still not a buff Orpington. it is a mix.
The same goes for #3. it is a silkie mix

I am still thinking #1 and #2 are cockerels

Correct. Thank you. They all have an Easter egger rooster and various hens listed above. I figure it would make it harder to sex them.

Correct. Thank you. They all have an Easter egger rooster and various hens listed above. I figure it would make it harder to sex them.
I am sorry, I feel like a complete idiot. I completely misread your first post. I thought you meant you had purchased/hatched those breeds of chickens and were asking about what you thought their sexes were. In that case, I agree with your thoughts

I am sorry, I feel like a complete idiot. I completely misread your first post. I thought you meant you had purchased/hatched those breeds of chickens and were asking about what you thought their sexes were. In that case, I agree with your thoughts
No worries! ;)

Back
Top Bottom