Dreaming of Spring Gardening in the Middle of a Wisconsin winter part 2

Barb, I think your vet is related to my weatherman.
Yesterday we found a bare root pear tree that was just coming into blossom. our planted tree is just about done blossoming.
I just happened to have a recently half of a 50 gal barrel emptied. so we planted the new tree into it and placed it close to the planted tree.
we hope the bees find the two trees very soon.
In about a week I will put the new tree into it's final location in the ground.
I think this will be the last tree that we plant together. It is too hard on Annie, and my patience is not up to par.
the 79F didn't help matters any.
the headlights on the mower are working.
but still not going to mow after dark. lol
today I plan to move the too heavy drill press. I cannot get the wood onto the shelf with it in the way.
the rafters in the long neglected greenhouse frame caved in. I will see if any of the 2x4's are any good. If I can salvage a bunch of
14" pieces, I will use them for making shelves in the tool lean to. they don't have to be in perfect shape for that.
I took a refresher course on youtube on laminating formica. I want to surprise bro Dave's wife with a cutting board for her sink.
I am afraid if I don't, she is going to steal mine..
today I want to pick some rhubarb for a pie.
I pick it and cut it up. Annie makes the best pie..
this will be a surprise for her. lol
she makes her crust with oil and 1/2 water and 1/2 booze.

Except for the warmer temperatures, and smoky atmosphere I'm good. :lol: Reminds me of going out to the bars back in the 80's.
:lau oh boy!!! Smokey here too. The air is thick with it and you can literally see it and smell it. 🤮😭 supposedly they’re doing a controlled burn in the state forest next town over and it will be ending soon but personally I’m wondering if it got out of control or something they’re not saying because people are saying they can see/smell the smoke from quite far away like several towns over. Maybe they’re just burning a large area. Idk.

th e air isn't too bad here. a bit hazy, though.
I still didn't get the rhubarb picked.
I thought I would move the beavy drill press just enough to get to the new shelf. I gave it a good tug and surprise !! it has wheels under it.
I don't remember doing that .. So, I tugged it all the way across to the opposite wall. had to move a hundred things in the way.
then I checked the rack gear on it that I broke last fall and never took a good look at it. I broke off the bent end and then removed the rest. bent the curves out of it with the vise and puut it back on. it is shorter, but I never go that low with the table anyhow.
just when I think I am getting ahead, another monster raises it's ugly head.. the sump pump to the septic system burned out.
lucky I kept the old one. I hope it still works.

:lau oh boy!!! Smokey here too. The air is thick with it and you can literally see it and smell it. 🤮😭 supposedly they’re doing a controlled burn in the state forest next town over and it will be ending soon but personally I’m wondering if it got out of control or something they’re not saying because people are saying they can see/smell the smoke from quite far away like several towns over. Maybe they’re just burning a large area. Idk.

our tv station called it a wildfire. who knows ?

our tv station called it a wildfire. who knows ?
I don’t think I can see or smell those ones from here thankfully. I think ours is different. They did make a statement they were doing a controlled burn. But I’m just wondering if it’s uncontrolled now.

Back
Top Bottom