Duck breed?

BlueO

Songster
Nov 8, 2023
Does anyone know what breed of duck this is? I got him from big R and he’s 2 1/2 months old.

Attachments

• IMG_2151.jpeg
    IMG_2151.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_2195.jpeg
    IMG_2195.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2193.jpeg
    IMG_2193.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2196.jpeg
    IMG_2196.jpeg
    727.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2166.jpeg
    IMG_2166.jpeg
    644.9 KB · Views: 6
Big R gets their chicks and ducklings from Hoover's Hatchery. So looking on their breed list, I think the brown on is probably a Rouen. Remember, juvenile males and males in eclipse plumage in the summer months will have very similar coloring to females. They're not going to be as colorful as adult males in breeding plumage.

The black and white one could be a black Swedish or a male Golden 300.

https://hoovershatchery.com/ducks.html

Big R gets their chicks and ducklings from Hoover's Hatchery. So looking on their breed list, I think the brown on is probably a Rouen. Remember, juvenile males and males in eclipse plumage in the summer months will have very similar coloring to females. They're not going to be as colorful as adult males in breeding plumage.

The black and white one could be a black Swedish or a male Golden 300.

https://hoovershatchery.com/ducks.html
Thank you! The other one is a black Swedish sorry I didn’t really clarify which one I was asking about.😂 I think he could be a golden 300 because he looked very similar to a golden 300 when he was a duckling, but I’m not sure. Here’s a picture of him as a baby.

Attachments

• IMG_1688.jpeg
    IMG_1688.jpeg
    505.3 KB · Views: 5
Thank you! The other one is a black Swedish sorry I didn’t really clarify which one I was asking about.😂 I think he could be a golden 300 because he looked very similar to a golden 300 when he was a duckling, but I’m not sure. Here’s a picture of him as a baby.
As a duckling it does not look like a Rouen, but matches very well for a Silver Appleyard. I don't think it is a Golden 300. Those are sex linked, and the males will have the coloring of a black Swedish duck. If it is a female, then yes, it could be a Golden 300.

As a duckling it does not look like a Rouen, but matches very well for a Silver Appleyard. I don't think it is a Golden 300. Those are sex linked, and the males will have the coloring of a black Swedish duck. If it is a female, then yes, it could be a Golden 300.
There is a color variation of male Golden 300 ducklings that look very similar to silver appleyard ducklings.
IMG_7628.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom