Duck swallowing non stop and making weird squeaking noise.

Natashamcbride25

In the Brooder
Aug 15, 2024
I noticed my duck was swallowing like she had something stuck in her throat. I looked back on our cameras and it looks like it started last night sometime (I work night shifts). I separated her from the other ducks and gave her a container of fresh water. She is drinking and eating just fine. I gave her a couple hours by herself and then let her out with the other ducks and she isolated herself from the other ducks. She is not acting like her normal self though. She will let me go up to her and pick her up and pet her. Our ducks normally let us hand feed them but not pick them up freely.

I will try to add a video of what the duck is doing.

I noticed my duck was swallowing like she had something stuck in her throat. I looked back on our cameras and it looks like it started last night sometime (I work night shifts). I separated her from the other ducks and gave her a container of fresh water. She is drinking and eating just fine. I gave her a couple hours by herself and then let her out with the other ducks and she isolated herself from the other ducks. She is not acting like her normal self though. She will let me go up to her and pick her up and pet her. Our ducks normally let us hand feed them but not pick them up freely.

Can you get a good look inside of her beak for any obstructions?

@Miss Lydia @shawluvsbirds @ruthhope

She was in the coop until about 3:45 am and she has continues to do the same thing. She is still drinking and from what I can tell eating as well.

Back
Top Bottom