ee/cochin mixes

LindsayB

Songster
11 Years
Apr 26, 2008
Cypress, Texas
These are 2 easter egger/ cochin mixes and are 9 weeks old. Your thoughts...I'm leaning towards roos.

I can't be sure either way from those photos. Their combs look like the ones on my EE girls, but they are all laying age. I think 9 weeks might be a little early for their combs to be that big and red. Some full body photos from the side would be helpful. If they are boys, they will probably have some saddle feathers coming in by now.

I think they're both males. That's too much comb for that age for females.....but agree profile shots would help a lot. There's more to sexing than comb
wink.png

I'm still thinking hens. Where did your sister get them? Online or locally? I ordered my EE's online through Murray McMurray Hatchery (**best hatchery**) and all, but one, had a comb at nine weeks, and one had more than a comb (profile picture).

The one without any comb turned out to be the biggest, baddest rooster I have ever come across. He is a jerk and has me thinking about eating meat.
tongue.png

Here he is not yet full grown, but had no comb when younger and still less than most hens running around.

I hatched them out for her from her chickens. The dad was a blue ee/cochin and the hen was a brown ee. Both were from green eggs.

Could you get some full-body photos? Those combs look kind of red for pullets of this age, but the coloring is somewhat pullety.

Back
Top Bottom