Egg bound silkie?

Pics
Hi everyone I wanted to update my hen has stopped doing this posture and is acting like herself. But still isn't eating she had stated eating the first few days but then stopped. And she is still on her antibiotics so I don't know if this could be a side effect from the injection but I will be posting a seperate thread asking about potential side effects.

Hi everyone I wanted to update my hen has stopped doing this posture and is acting like herself. But still isn't eating she had stated eating the first few days but then stopped. And she is still on her antibiotics so I don't know if this could be a side effect from the injection but I will be posting a seperate thread asking about potential side effects.
I’m glad to hear she is acting a little more normal. She may be feeling out of it still with the implant. I believe I did hear somewhere that when hens get that implant they tend to act a bit like they’re molting constant, which would explain not wanting to eat a lot. Have you tried giving her a mash made out of her food and raw egg or canned chicken mixed in?

I’m glad to hear she is acting a little more normal. She may be feeling out of it still with the implant. I believe I did hear somewhere that when hens get that implant they tend to act a bit like they’re molting constant, which would explain not wanting to eat a lot. Have you tried giving her a mash made out of her food and raw egg or canned chicken mixed in?
No I will try this!

My hens LOVE when I make a soupy mash out of their layer feed, it’s like a treat! When they’re molting I mix in raw egg and canned chicken for extra protein.
Okay thank you! I was a little worried because the veterinarian said that she shouldn't have any side effects from the injection. But it wouldn't make sense if she didn't because her hormones are being altered. And I was reading on some people's post that there hens feel a bit sick after the injection

Okay thank you! I was a little worried because the veterinarian said that she shouldn't have any side effects from the injection. But it wouldn't make sense if she didn't because her hormones are being altered. And I was reading on some people's post that there hens feel a bit sick after the injection
I agree with you, you’d think there would have to be some side effects. I hope you can get her to eat and back to feeling a little better.

Back
Top Bottom