novam

Hatching
May 25, 2024
My golden comet chicken, almost 5 months old, was suddenly very lethargic this morning. She didnt run out of the coop with the rest of the birds, and just stayed on her roosting bar. She doesnt usually let me touch her, but shes letting me pick her up and inspect her without complaint now.
Her vent is sort of pulsing, but otherwise looks completely normal, and her crop feels kind of hard, but im really not sure whats normal for their crops. She also has really thin, watery, yellow poop.
She wont eat or drink, so i carefully syringed a little water into her beak and she perked up slightly, but it may be coincidence. other than taking a few steps to get closer to me, she just stands still and closes her eyes, but she does open them and look attentive if i talk to her. she also snaps at the occasional fly or bug, if thats a good sign??
i really dont know what to do because we dont have a vet that will look at her, and i dont want to medicate her with something wrong and make things worse. Please help!!

Back
Top Bottom