Fowl pox and deworming??

Mdavchicks

Chirping
Jul 22, 2022
My chickens are recovering from dry fowl pox, in the later stages of it. I have also seen roundworms and I am wanting to deworm them. Can I deworm them while they are getting over fowl pox or should I wait?

I also have pullets (7 weeks old) they have been in the same area but separated. Should I deworm them? I haven’t seen any roundworms in their poop yet. They also have not shown any signs of fowl pox. If they do show signs of round worms, are they too young to deworm/what age can they be dewormed?

Thanks!!

It's safe to worm all your birds including the 7 weeks old pullets since they have been on soil. I worm mine starting at 6 weeks old. I use Valbazen to worm my birds. What wormer are you using?
Thank you for the response!! I saw a response of yours on another post that suggested Valbazen and it also had the dosing so that’s what I’ll be using too :) I’ve seen different egg withdrawal periods for it though, what do you recommend?

We eat the eggs after using Valbazen (Albendazole). It is mostly excreted and only minute residue is in the eggs. Albendazole is also used to treat worms in humans.
If you suspect you or someone else is allergic to Albendazole, toss the eggs in the garbage for 14 days.

We eat the eggs after using Valbazen (Albendazole). It is mostly excreted and only minute residue is in the eggs. Albendazole is also used to treat worms in humans.
If you suspect you or someone else is allergic to Albendazole, toss the eggs in the garbage for 14 days.
I’m not sure if anyone is allergic in my fam so we might play it safe and not eat them. We’re not getting many right now anyways (I’m thinking from the heat and fowl pox) so it’s probably a good time to deworm. Thanks again for your help!

Back
Top Bottom