Good Nature A24 Rat Trap

lpalm

Hatching
Jul 31, 2023
Has anyone purchased and used the Good Nature A24 Rat Trap?

It is quite pricey and I am worried that the rats will figure it out and stop going near it.

That is quite a pricey trap. The rats may get used to it. Rats are smart, so a lot of times if you move your trap(s) around or even leave them unarmed (not set) and baited for a few days, this will entice them to come back around and you can trap more.

I have no idea if that trap is worth the $$$, you'd have to do some research. Shawn Woods is the mouse trap guy on youtube, look up some of his videos/reviews to see what you think. Here's just one, but I think he has reviewed that product a few times.

I have a couple. Yes...pricey! I've had limited success. Outside in the run, the chickens scratch around it and knock it over. I've had better success IN the run with a bucket trap (covered during the day). I've used the A24 in the horse stall area near the coop. Under that floor is where the rats are. I got one inside that structure but I also got a lot of mice. I've used it near the house where I could see rat trails and where my wife saw rats feeding on the songbird seed that had fallen (which is really the problem to begin with). I got one and a couple of chipmunks. For the results, it's too expensive for me although it's nice that they can kill multiple times. I have feral cats that I care for as well so there's no really simple solution in my case.

Save the money, practice sanitation, clean up the pathways, bulk feed in barrels, buy a treadle feeder. Once you stop feeding the rats they have to leave. It is that simple. As long as you have mostly full size birds it is the only real solution. You can get by with a batch of pullets each spring IF you already have control of the sanitation and feed security.

Back
Top Bottom